The cost of the average rent in Bologna varies according to the area and the type of accommodation. In this Uniaffitti article, we will examine the average rental prices in the city, with particular attention to the most convenient areas, the different types of accommodation and the most suitable solutions for students and young workers looking for cheap rental houses.
Average rental prices in Bologna
The average rent in Bologna for apartments of all sizes varies according to the area in which the property is located. Below, in this table, it is possible to consult the ranges on the average cost of a rental in Bologna. The data are to be understood as indicative.
|Zamboni – Casteltialto – Aldrovandi – San Vitale||8,0||17,5|
|Malpighi district – Zaragoza inside the walls||9,0||15,8|
|foothills and semi-hills||9,0||20,0|
|Stadium – Cable car||8,0||15,4|
|Saffi – Santa Viola – Barca||8,0||12,9|
|Costa – Zaragoza out of town||9,0||14,2|
|San Ruffillo East||7,5||13,3|
|Mazzini – Fossolo||9,0||13,3|
|Matteotti – Unity Square||6,5||12,5|
|Bologna – Arcoveggio||7,0||12,9|
|Marco Polo – Pescarola||7,0||12,5|
|Roveri – Pillar||0,0||0,0|
|Borgo Panigale – Beer – Casteldebole||5,8||10,8|
As for the prices of rooms in Bologna, a double room in Bologna has an average cost of €280 per month. Single rooms, on the other hand, are in great demand due to their scarcity. Many people are also looking for alternative housing solutions, such as flats to share with one or more tenants. The price of single rooms in Bologna is around €420 per month.
In general, the Agenzia delle Entrate database remains a good resource for consulting the average prices of rooms or houses for rent in Bologna.
Average rental cost Bologna: the graph of the trend
Over the past two years, the average cost per square meter of rents in Bologna has shown a growing trend. Analyzing the monthly data from January 2021 to March 2023, we can observe that the price per square meter went from €13.6 in January 2021 to €17 in March 2023, with some fluctuations over the months. Here is a graph illustrating the trend in the average price per square meter of rents in Bologna in the period considered:
The average cost of rent in Bologna, and consequently the prices of student rooms in Bologna, has increased considerably in the last two years. In fact, if the Italian trend saw a 9.52% increase in the price per square meter from January 2021 to March 2023, in Bologna in the same period of time prices increased by as much as 30.15%.
Rooms for rent in Bologna: the areas
Bologna is a city rich in history and culture, with different areas offering a wide range of accommodation and services. Here is a brief description of the main areas of Bologna and their characteristics:
- Centro Storico : The beating heart of the city, the Centro Storico of Bologna is characterized by narrow, cobbled streets, historic buildings, and a lively cultural atmosphere. Here you will find numerous shops, restaurants, bars and places of tourist interest. Although the cost of rent in this area is lower than in other areas, the demand is high, and it can be difficult to find affordable housing.
- Massarenti : located in the eastern suburbs of Bologna, the Massarenti area is mainly residential and offers a wide range of services and infrastructures. This area is ideal for those looking for affordable accommodation without sacrificing proximity to the city centre.
- Irnerio : A residential and commercial area located west of the city centre, Irnerio offers a good mix of services and public transport links. However, the cost of renting in this area is higher than in other areas of Bologna.
- San Donato : This area is located northeast of central Bologna and is characterized by a mix of residential and commercial buildings. San Donato offers a good quality of life thanks to the numerous services, parks and connections to public transport. However, even here the rental prices are higher than in other areas.
Rooms for rent in Bologna and other accommodations
In Bologna, there are different types of accommodation that influence the cost of the rent. Here is an overview of the various options:
- Studios : Ideal for single tenants or couples, studios are compact living solutions that offer everything you need in one space. Studios are generally lower in cost than larger apartments, but availability may be limited.
- Two-room apartments : composed of a bedroom and a living room with kitchenette, the two-room apartments offer more space than the studio apartments. These apartments are suitable for couples or sharers who wish to have separate sleeping and common areas.
- Three-Bedroom Apartments: Three-Bedroom apartments include two bedrooms, a living room, and separate kitchen, providing even more space for families or groups of sharers. Three-room apartments generally have a higher rental cost than one-room and two-room apartments, but offer greater comfort and living space.
- Rooms for rent : renting a room in a flat shared with other tenants is often the cheapest solution for students and young workers. This option allows you to split the rental and service costs with the other roommates, thus reducing the overall cost.
Tips for finding cheap houses to rent in Bologna
- Set your budget : Before you start your search, it’s important to establish a realistic rental budget and keep that in mind as you research. Remember to also consider incidental expenses, such as utility bills and waste tax.
- Choose the area according to your needs : carefully evaluate the different areas of Bologna and choose the one that best suits your needs in terms of services, public transport connections and rental costs.
- Explore different types of accommodation : consider the different types of accommodation available in Bologna and evaluate which solution is best suited to your needs and budget.
- Actively research : use rental listing platforms, such as Uniaffitti, to search and compare the different options available in the desired area.
- Start your search early : To find affordable accommodation, it’s important to start your search a little in advance of the date you want to move. The availability of affordable accommodation can be limited, so starting your search early will give you a better chance of finding the option that best suits your needs and budget.
- Be flexible : being willing to consider different areas or types of accommodation can increase your chances of finding a cheap rental. Carefully weigh your priorities and be open to compromises to find the most cost-effective solution.
- Be Prepared to Negotiate : In some cases, you may be able to negotiate the rental price with the landlord or real estate agency. Be prepared to discuss the price and offer compelling reasons for getting a discount, such as a longer lease or paying a few months’ rent up front.
In conclusion, finding cheap houses to rent in Bologna can take time and patience, but by following these tips and considering the different areas and types of accommodation available, you can increase your chances of finding the option that best suits your needs and your your budget.
Remember to use reliable rental ad platforms, such as Uniaffitti, to facilitate your search and compare the different housing solutions available on the Bologna real estate market.
Ti potrebbe interessare anche:
Pubblicato il 19-05-2023 11:05:53
Pubblicato il 13-05-2023 15:34:33
Pubblicato il 09-05-2023 14:39:52
Pubblicato il 10-01-2023 15:06:59