out-of-town life

How to change the bill holder

How to change the bill holder

How to change the holder in the bill

Moving to a new home is an exciting experience, but it also involves some bureaucratic tasks: changing the bill holder is one of them. In fact, when you move into a new home you may be faced with two possible situations: a turn-over or a takeover.

Continue reading the article to find out:

  • How to change the holder in the bill with the turnaround
  • what documents you need for the volture
  • The time and cost of implementing the change of ownership
  • what is takeover

The turnaround: how to change the bill holder during the move

When you make a move, one of the first things to do is to think about electrical and energy supplies. In fact, you will need to change the bill payer in order to have the energy costs attributed to you. The operation to do this is called voltura, and it is essential at a time when, upon your arrival in your new home, your previous electricity and energy supplies are still active.

Let’s see together what you need.

The documents needed for the volture

To change the bill holder you will need to prepare a number of essential documents. In fact you will need them:

  • the tax code
  • your ID
  • the
    lease agreement
    or the document of ownership of the property
  • thelast meter reading
  • the domicile of the former owner
  • At least one bill from the previous holder from which to retrieve the POD code and PDR code

Precisely in this last regard, in case you have not done so before, we recommend that you catch up with the article how to read your bill to understand how to do so.

The time and cost of performing the turnaround

Turnaround requires quick turnaround times and relatively low costs.

In fact, performing the turnaround will only take you seven days, but the advice is to always move early to avoid unpleasant surprises and finding yourself in a new home without gas and electricity.

As for costs, these depend on two possible circumstances in which you may find yourself:

  1. In the deregulated market you will have to pay administrative charges of €25.81, a service fee of €20 to €60 depending on the supplier, a possible deposit as security, and VAT at 22%
  2. In the greater protection regime, the costs are the same administrative charges of €25.81, the service fee of €23, the stamp duty of €16, the security deposit required by the supplier, and VAT at 22%

To figure out what situation you are in, you will simply have to read a supply bill: the relevant market is indicated there.

In any case, keep in mind that this subdivision will only be valid until 2022. If you want to learn more, we leave you with this interesting article from Il Sole 24 Ore.

The takeover in case of deactivated meters

One last piece of advice we can give you is not to confuse the turn-over with the takeover.

In fact, the latter is the operation required when the meters in the new house have been turned off. In this case you will have to enter into a new contract, activate the gas and/or electricity offer that suits you best, and apply for meter reactivation.

Piaciuto questo articolo?
Ti potrebbe interessare anche:
Dry coupon on rents: complete guide
Pubblicato il 19-05-2023 11:05:53
The free loan for use in 2023
Pubblicato il 13-05-2023 15:34:33
Studying in Turin: the best universities
Pubblicato il 10-01-2023 12:22:07
Dry rent: when does it pay off?
Pubblicato il 09-01-2023 11:45:02